Why CicaLux ?
CicaLux Energized Scar-Care is a combination therapy device designed to help prevent or improve hyper-pigmented, hypertrophic (raised) and/or keloid scars resulting from incisional surgeries.
Another important fact…
In 2014 an international team of experts concluded that silicone sheets are ‘gold standard’ therapy for the prevention and the treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids, yet they should be used with a combination of other treatment options to provide patients with optimal outcomes.
CicaLux Features and Benefits
- Rabello FB, Souza CD, Farina JA Jr. Update oan hypertrophic scar treatment. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2014 Aug; 69(8): 565–573.
- Young VL, Hutchison J. Insights into patient and clinician concerns about scar appearance: semiquantitative structured surveys. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Jul;124(1):256-65.
- Jin J, Peng L, Chen Q, Zhang D, Ren L, Qin P, Min S. Prevalence and risk factors for chronic pain following cesarean section: a prospective study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2016; 16: 99.
- Monstrey S, Middelkoop E, et al. Updated Scar Management Practical Guidelines: Non-invasive and invasive measures. Journal of Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Aug; 67(8):1017-1025.
- C.W. Li-Tsang, Y.P. Zheng, J.C. Lau. A randomized clinical trial to study the effect of silicone gel dressing and pressure therapy on posttraumatic hypertrophic scars J Burn Care Res, 31 (2010), pp. 448-457.
- , Li-Tsang CW, Huang YP, Chen Y, Zheng YP. Detection of changes of scar thickness under mechanical loading using ultrasonic measurement. Burns. 2013 Feb;39(1):89-97.
- Borgognoni L. Biological effects of silicone gel sheeting. Wound Repair and Regeneration: Official Publication of The Wound Healing Society [And] The European Tissue Repair Society. 2002;10(2):118–121.
- Dash MB, Selvi S. Effectiveness of Infrared Rays on Wound Healing among Caesarean Section Mothers at Puducherry. American Journal of Nursing Research. 2013; 1(1), 43-46.
- Jo J, Lee SH. Heat therapy for primary dysmenorrhea: A systematic review and meta-analysis of its effects on pain relief and quality of life. Sci Rep. 2018 Nov 2;8(1):16252.
- Vatansever F, Hamblin MR. Far infrared radiation (FIR): its biological effects and medical applications. Photonics Lasers Med. 2012 Nov 1; 4: 255–266.
- Khansa I, Harrison B, Janis JE. Evidence-Based Scar Management: How to Improve Results with Technique and Technology. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016 Sep;138(3 Suppl):165S-78S.