Although motherhood is beautiful and fulfilling, most new mothers can’t wait to get back their pre-pregnancy shape and flat tummy. But this can be challenging, especially if you have delivered your baby via a cesarean section.
You are not alone. C-sections are common, accounting for an estimated 31.9 percent of all deliveries in the United States1,2. And most women have questions about exercise after they deliver by C-section.
Getting Back to Your Exercise Routine
You might believe you are ready to get back into your workout routine and shed the baby weight after you get home, but it is important that you do not exercise without your doctor’s approval. For many women, this is usually six to eight weeks after a C-section, if there were no complications.
Just remember that too much activity too soon can cause the incision to reopen and set you back, so start your postpartum workouts slowly.
Best Exercises After a C-Section*
When you’re ready, choose targeted exercises. There is no doubt that abdomen and pelvic floor movements are beneficial following a cesarean delivery to help increase your stamina and to strengthen your pelvic floor, stomach, and core muscles.
These four exercises are a great place to start.
- Walk. Stimulate blood flow throughout your body, activate muscles in your core and legs, and get your metabolism going by simply walking. Start with five minutes and then see how you feel. If nothing pulls or aches, you can build up to longer walks.
- Bridge. This fundamental exercise will safely activate your abdominal muscles after a C-section. Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and legs hip-width apart. Slowly lift your butt and back off the floor. Return to starting position.
- Modified Cobra. Uniquely beneficial for toning uterine muscles, this exercise can also help strengthen abdominal muscles. Lie on your stomach with your palms flat next to your shoulders. Your elbows should be tucked into your rib cage. Lift your head and neck off the floor, but not so much that it strains your lower back. Inhale and lengthen your chest forward and slowly lift it up. Hold for a few seconds and then repeat.
- Forward Bend. Also called “good morning” exercises, use this action to strengthen your core. Stand with your feet apart and your hands on your hips. Extend your arms over your head and bend forward at a 90-degree angle, keeping your back flat. Return to starting position. Gradually increase your repetitions over time.
If you have trouble exercising, it may be in part due to your C-Section scar. Even for the fittest Moms, scars can cause pain and restrict movement when exercising, not to mention feeling self-conscious. But there is no need to let scar tissue limit your mobility or confidence.
Now, a state-of-the-art product called CicaLux can help.
CicaLux Scar Care Therapy
Just introduced into the United States, CicaLux Energized Scar-Care is a combination therapy device designed specifically to help improve the appearance of new and old scars following C-sections hysterectomies, tummy tucks, breast augmentation, and similar incisional surgeries.
CicaLux looks like a Smart Watch, but it is so much more! It uses pressure, hydration, and heat to promote restoration of the scar tissue.
- Compression Therapy. Pressure on the scar with CicaLux helps to flatten and thin out scar tissue3.
- Silicone. The CicaLux Silicone Sheet helps prevent transdermal water loss and uses silicone to restore skin and strengthen connective tissue. Medical studies have shown silicone sheets are beneficial for the prevention and treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids.4 In addition, silicone can soften and flatten scars, as well as reduce scar pain.5 This will allow you to get back to your normal exercise routine with reduced discomfort and a less visible scar.
- Heat Therapy. The reusable CicaLux Stone provides infrared (IR) heat therapy to help increase blood flow, improve healing, and provide soothing pain relief.6,7. As an added benefit, the CicaLux Stone may also be detached and used separately to aid finger massaging of the scar tissue.
The Benefits of CicaLux
Made from medical-grade silicone, the CicaLux device will not pull on scar tissue. The natural insertable stone locks tightly into place can be microwaved in seconds for optimum ease. Use the CicaLux single-use cotton sheet tape over the silicone to hold it comfortably in place.
This reusable wearable device is discreet and ultra-convenient so it can be worn just about any time, day or night to help reduce the appearance of scars.
A Final Word
New mothers should be realistic and patient. Remember, your body was changing over the past nine months and it will take some time to get back into shape. CicaLux will help you stop worrying about your scar and let you get back to what you love.
CicaLux will aid you in your C-section recovery and deliver great results at an affordable price with these advantages:
- Prevents keloids and hypertrophic scars
- Flattens and minimizes new and old scars
- Improves color and texture
- Relieves pain and itchiness
- Reduces tension and numbness
CicaLux comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Order your CicaLux device now! You have nothing to lose but the appearance of your unwanted scar.